Scout
External Player
Discord
Legion#8706
Class
Venomancer
Name
Legion
We got updated supply stash in latest game update..are we gonna have it in game on release?

Sushi

GM
Staff member
Game Master
Server booster
External Player
Discord
Sushi#3688
Class
Venomancer
Name
Sushi
Yep
On the release it will be like that, or not at all.

dale981

Scout
External Player
Discord
Legion#8706
Class
Venomancer
Name
Legion
Yep
On the release it will be like that, or not at all.
I think it would be best to not have supply stash at least at start. In 1.3.6 there wasnt supply stash at all. It was added later in already established servers to help new players as catch up mechanism. Weapons from stash make all other weapons crafted, droped or from rewards unnecessary. Also molds. Molds are important part of early economy. With weapons from stash..molds will not be so important. And finally crafting..why anyone would bother with blacksmith in first 50 levels when they get from stash? Please make this server close to 1.3.6 as much as posible. Or if you decide to put stash in early game at least try to remove weapons from it. Ty vm for answer! ?

ursu

Disciple
External Player
I think it would be best to not have supply stash at least at start. In 1.3.6 there wasnt supply stash at all. It was added later in already established servers to help new players as catch up mechanism. Weapons from stash make all other weapons crafted, droped or from rewards unnecessary. Also molds. Molds are important part of early economy. With weapons from stash..molds will not be so important. And finally crafting..why anyone would bother with blacksmith in first 50 levels when they get from stash? Please make this server close to 1.3.6 as much as posible. Or if you decide to put stash in early game at least try to remove weapons from it. Ty vm for answer! ?
dude, you don't know what you're talking about. You're dreaming about mold drops left and right ... are you serious? I don't know what official or private servers you have played on, but getting a lvl 37 wheel of fate mold for example will take a lot of FB39 runs. A LOT of them. Check out the drop rate, consider a server population of 500 active people (Sushi can confirm if that's even realistic) out of which probably 20-30 will be at one time in the farming window for that mold and you'll realize that the chance of even seeing one on a 1x drop server in the first wave of toons leveling up is pretty much close to none
Otherwise the Supply stash has no impact on crafting. Already at lvl 30+ Blacksmith is paying off.
The only one that stands out is the lvl 50 General Summer that fills a pretty big gap until lvl 60 where TT weapons start coming in. In that gap there's not much you craft from molds.
Between 45 and 60 there's pretty much zero impact on tailor/jeweler. FB29 drops some amazing ring molds. I can bet you we won't see more than 2 of them popping up on the server in the first week...
Please just chill and let people that know what they're doing do their job.

dale981

Scout
External Player
Discord
Legion#8706
Class
Venomancer
Name
Legion
dude, you don't know what you're talking about. You're dreaming about mold drops left and right ... are you serious? I don't know what official or private servers you have played on, but getting a lvl 37 wheel of fate mold for example will take a lot of FB39 runs. A LOT of them. Check out the drop rate, consider a server population of 500 active people (Sushi can confirm if that's even realistic) out of which probably 20-30 will be at one time in the farming window for that mold and you'll realize that the chance of even seeing one on a 1x drop server in the first wave of toons leveling up is pretty much close to none
Otherwise the Supply stash has no impact on crafting. Already at lvl 30+ Blacksmith is paying off.
The only one that stands out is the lvl 50 General Summer that fills a pretty big gap until lvl 60 where TT weapons start coming in. In that gap there's not much you craft from molds.
Between 45 and 60 there's pretty much zero impact on tailor/jeweler. FB29 drops some amazing ring molds. I can bet you we won't see more than 2 of them popping up on the server in the first week...
Please just chill and let people that know what they're doing do their job.
First of all...relax and save your nerves. We're on public forum where we can freely exchange opinions and ideas in a civilized manner. I am not "dude" or "dreamer" or whatever. For you I am forum user dale981. About my PW game history..here it is in short..I've played MY PW in 2007, PWI since CS/OB in 2008 until ~2017 and many private servers including one newer popular russian 1.3.6 one with over 1k players (~1,3k at peak). There you don't have to guess now. So we could say I kinda know "what am I talking about". You can't check 1.3.6 drop rates nowadays because there is no updated DB anymore. The fact that we don't need Supply stash here is MY opinion and I asked server owners politely to consider removing it at release. I've explained in my earlier post why. Why you reacted with angry smiley reaction and calling me "clueless" is beyond me. This is forum again...not discord. Now back on topic...Supply stash IMO will have impact on early BLACKSMITH and I've never mentioned tailor or "jeweler" (btw I have no idea what is jeweler in PW <.< and you prolly meant to say CRAFTSMAN) or rings. I was specific and you just had to actually read my post first. It will have impact on early blacksmith/economy and value of crafted/dropped weaps including molds. The game makes most impression on players at start. That's when players decide they're gonna keep playing or leave. 1.3.6 nowadays is popular version and my advice is to keep this close to it as much as posible. That will attract and keep players. Custom rates/random stuff/P2W won't. Supply stash did not exist in 1.3.6. and it was added in 2010 iirc with Tideborn update in 1.4.2 or maybe in 1.3.9.. Also don't worry about mold drops in instances..for ex. if you have a guild with 50 members that's already 50 runs...because FB's remember? Why on earth we should get free weapons when we play game to either craft one or EARN one? Where is the fun when you get it from some chest? It was just added as catch up mechanism and that's all. #nochanges

Bestial_Onslaught

Disciple
External Player
Like ursu said, mold drops and such are going to be insanely rare on a private server... which is why drop rate should be (slightly) higher!!! Then supply stash can be removed, and a nice economy can exist. Without both happening, there will be no low-level crafting or low-level economy worth mentioning.

dale981

Scout
External Player
Discord
Legion#8706
Class
Venomancer
Name
Legion
Mold gear is legendary gear. It suposed to be rare. I don't think mold drops will be extreme rare. Rare yes but no extreme. Btw when I mentioned crafting I wasn' t speaking about mold gear craft only..early crafting of regular weapons 1*/2*/3* will also have their own place in market with appropriate prices. I can craft and sell on AH some good crafted 3*. If everyone have supply stash weapons..nobody would need other weaps and we wont have market for that. That way nobody will bother with early crafting until higher levels. Oh and yes I kinda agree with slightly higher rates..like x2. Classic pw is very time consuming and grindy game. As parent I would like rates a bit (not much) higher. ?

Last edited:

ursu

Disciple
External Player
Mold gear is legendary gear. It suposed to be rare. I don't think mold drops will be extreme rare. Rare yes but no extreme. Btw when I mentioned crafting I wasn' t speaking about mold gear craft only..early crafting of regular weapons 1*/2*/3* will also have their own place in market with appropriate prices. I can craft and sell on AH some good crafted 3*. If everyone have supply stash weapons..nobody would need other weaps and we wont have market for that. That way nobody will bother with early crafting until higher levels. Oh and yes I kinda agree with slightly higher rates..like x2. Classic pw is very time consuming and grindy game. As parent I would like rates a bit (not much) higher. ?
first of all, you're going full #nochanges, unless some changes to supply stash that are in line with how you would like to play the game?

second, you say you played this game for a long time, I have no proof and it's hard to get one so I'm going to take your word for it, but it still boggles my mid how little grasp you have on the scale of the starting economy on a private server.
Every sane person knows that the real money making part starts at lvl 60 with TT farm and crafting. Up until then pretty much anything works.
Who exactly do you think will be extremely interested in your nice 3* crafts? Mid 30s and mid 40s can be blasted through in a few good hours with a 1 star blue weapon.
The only stopgap is at 50, where there's pretty much nothing ingame for 10 levels. Supply stash comes in to fill the gap from 50 to 60 with General Summer's reward. At this level however any player that has any plans to play the endgame knows that he needs to level up tailor, blacksmith and craftsman. This is the place where mats farming/mats routes knowledge first starts to make a difference. So whoever does that will already be crafting stuff to be ready for the first TT runs. A player like this will not buy your nice 3* weapons crafts, as it will invest in crafting skills. Crafting attempts will yield whatever needed to go trough levels. Sure, there are the clueless ones, that will spend 30k coins out of the 50k coins they have on a shiny new weapon, but usually those are not going to progress ingame far enough to even see the butterfly grind.

third, I know there are a few version of rewards, but i'll try to list the core leaving out the later additions:
  • Level 5 = Tag of Sharpness I
    • 1 Star Perfect Military Dualhammer
    • 1 Star Perfect Military Magicsword
    • 1 Star Perfect Military Longbow
  • Level 10 = Fantasy Fruit (5,000 exp and 1,000 spirits)
  • Level 15 = Perfect Insignia (Might Ring)
  • Level 20 = Tag of Sharpness II
    • 2 Stars Perfect Officer's Dualhammer
    • 2 Stars Perfect Officer's Magicsword
    • 2 Stars Perfect Officer's Longbow
  • Level 25 = Raw Shard
    • Average Citrine Shard
    • Average Garnet Shard
    • Average Sapphire Shard
  • Level 30 = 100 Perfect Healing Potion and 100 Perfect Mana Potions and Raw Shard
    • Average Citrine Shard
    • Average Garnet Shard
    • Average Sapphire Shard
  • Level 35 = 2 Oracle II
  • Level 40 = Feather of Gliding (Aerogear lasts 1 week only) and 500 Perfect Stone
    • Starlight (Human)
    • Night's Music (Winged Elf)
    • Duskglow (Untamed)
  • Level 45 = Emerald Spirit Charm
  • Level 50 = Tag of Sharpness III (requires Perfect Iron Hammer)
    • 3 Stars General Summer's Dualhammer
    • 3 Stars General Summer's Magicsword
    • 3 Stars General Summer's Longbow
  • Level 55 = Emerald Guardian Charm
  • Level 60 = 5 Do-All Card
I stopped at 60 because after this point there's literally no crafted weapon that can beat the TT weapons.
These are your exact words:
Weapons from stash make all other weapons crafted, droped or from rewards unnecessary.
So, lets go through them:
lvl 5: yeah...bro...this is where making money out of 3* crafts starts, right?
lvl 15: that ring ruins all your craftsman plans, right?
lvl 20: FB reward is close to or the same stats. Maybe you want that removed from game so it creates a market for weapons? Would that fit your player needs?
lvl 25 to 45 ..... ?
lvl 50: this is the first good reward out of the supply stash. Although it was a late addition to the classic game, it was added to fill a gap and it serves its purpose very well. It is a bit of a "great equalizer" tailored for the more casual player that boosts him into the 60s where the first hint of an endgame play style starts.
lv 50+ ..... ????

So, if I understand correctly, your complain actually is about Blacksmith and for 10 levels. No other crafting skill is in any way affected by the supply stash reward. Crafting good 3* items takes a lot of time to farm mats (unless you're dropping cash and you're buying mats from boutique) and a lot of tries. At the pace people go through the 30s and 40s you're going to be way behind on the leveling curve offering nice 3* wep no one really needs.
In the 50s the speed is going to slow down a bit but not by much. There are still a lot of quests that can be done so lvl up is not that hard. First 6 people reaching 60 and farming TT for weapons will be the first multi-millionares on the server, while you're still crafting 3* to sell for 35k coins.

After 70 the quests are pretty much non existent, so you might catch up in levels even if you spend a lot of time crafting. But by this time if you don't craft TT stuff you don't exist.

vily1991

Adept
External Player
This is 1.3.6 servers right ? So why so many people want to make way too easier. That supply stash is garbage. It should be removed from the game so you can actually enjoy the content of the game version itself. At lvl 20, the weapons you get form stash are more powerfull than FB weapons. And about molds, on this version already dropped some fb19 weapons molds. Just play the game, farm , enjoy the content. That's why it's 1.3.6. No supply stash, no dragon orbs, nothing easy. And by using supply stash you are just too lazy to farm herbs for apothecary stuff. You just skip content of the game. Classic must remain classic.
Note: The things above a personal opinie. No need to rage ! Enjoy the game !

dale981

Scout
External Player
Discord
Legion#8706
Class
Venomancer
Name
Legion
This is 1.3.6 servers right ? So why so many people want to make way too easier. That supply stash is garbage. It should be removed from the game so you can actually enjoy the content of the game version itself. At lvl 20, the weapons you get form stash are more powerfull than FB weapons. And about molds, on this version already dropped some fb19 weapons molds. Just play the game, farm , enjoy the content. That's why it's 1.3.6. No supply stash, no dragon orbs, nothing easy. And by using supply stash you are just too lazy to farm herbs for apothecary stuff. You just skip content of the game. Classic must remain classic.
Note: The things above a personal opinie. No need to rage ! Enjoy the game !
So much this...I don't understand why they defend so much that, from gamer perspective, pointless supply stash. Ofc I'm not make a fortune from blacksmith on early levels but I will raise my blacksmith with more pleasure knowing there is no some BS op weaps from some BS pointless chests. Thats the point! To play game and not opening chest which somehow miraculously appeared in my inventory. I want to enjoy my crafted weap, my first good droped weap, my first FB 19 weap...all this will be possible without supply stash. Like I said...I wouldn't mind if there is no such a weapons in that stash...flyers, gems, etc. no problem but no gear! That fact negates all fun and gameplay in game such is PW. I hope my point is little clearer now. Oh about my PW gaming history proof..here it is. I have tons of SS but I've lost all from 2008 due to hard disk failure.

That's me and my wife playing PWI in 2009. I have tons of SS from that time. =)

dactyl

Enlightened one
External Player
Ok, my opinion on the matter: The game should be as close as possible in content to 1.3.6, so no supply stash. Any change in content, as little as it may be, will have some kind of effect ingame, and it may be good or not (time will tell....). But then again, if the GMs decide to put it in game on release, I'll play it anyways since I'm enjoying the beta :p , I just hope that decision is final and it doesn't come later after release, since it would be like "the content updates" I'm running away from :pigcold:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom