• Тег А
  • Server status:

PvP?

Cinnamae

Disciple
External Player
The details of the server don't mention PvP, but once inside fb19, it announced as being a PK enabled area, and everyone's names went white. Is the server actually always-PvP? Is there a way to opt out of this?

Shadow

Support
Staff member
Helper
External Player
Hey! PvP is enabled at level 30. It is also enabled inside of the 3 FB19 caves as well before level 30. After level 30, there is not an option to switch to a blue name and PVP will be enabled. You may set up protections using the Shield or Sword icon above your HP bar to prevent accidental damage to friendlies, but a player without protections can still attack you.

Cinnamae

Disciple
External Player
I'd suggest adding that info the server details - it's a very disappointing discovery for me, as I never do PVP and there aren't any other servers like this one :c

Is there maybe a way to indicate that you don't want to participate in PVP? I really want to stay on this server ^^;

Last edited:

Shadow

Support
Staff member
Helper
External Player
In my time here, PvP normally isn't an issue which prevents players from completing quests, killing monsters, inside instances, etc. My advice for avoiding it outside of Safe Zone: don't provoke others, usually players will leave you alone.

Blodyn

Disciple
External Player
Class
Venomancer
Name
Blodyn
I've been killed (by an high lvl player) many times while I was just questing... I didn't provoke anyone. That seems like bullying to me, and it's not very funny :(
I think this should be "regulated" somehow, just preventing low levels to be killed without reasons.

Freyja

Novice
External Player
Just today i saw a high lvl player killing on purpose a newbie who was farming mats.
I don't agree with this way of playing.
I'm suggesting to put some rules against these bad behaviours, like temporary banning or whatever.

Last edited:

seregorn

Adept
External Player
@Shadow really your answer is dont provoke others so u wont get pked?In what server do u play? Cause in this server, daily ,small lvls questing get pked just for the fun of it by higher lvls. Only the past week small lvls in my guild have been harrassed for hours from higher lvl players camping the areas the smallies needed to quest.Higher lvls of my guild had to play the bodyguards. I get oneshot by well equiped high lvls on MQs at least twice a week.

Of course pvp is part of the game just as bullying is part of real life :p Doesnt mean its nice or right or something we enjoy.But its ridiculous to say to the victim of bulying...hey u provoked it!!! Shame on u lvl 40 who provoked the lvl 60+ by existing and questing and lvling up in your area of questing (the lvl 40 mobs)

Shadow

Support
Staff member
Helper
External Player
Just today i saw a high lvl player killing on purpose a newbie who was farming mats.
I don't agree with this way of playing.
I'm suggesting to put some rules against these bad behaviours, like temporary banning or whatever.
Relationship between players:

. The killing of players (PK - Player Killing) on the server is a gaming moment and is not punished, except as provided for by these rules.
8.2. There are no special rules for PvP, except for tournaments held by the administration with predetermined rules.

Shadow

Support
Staff member
Helper
External Player
@Shadow really your answer is dont provoke others so u wont get pked?In what server do u play? Cause in this server, daily ,small lvls questing get pked just for the fun of it by higher lvls. Only the past week small lvls in my guild have been harrassed for hours from higher lvl players camping the areas the smallies needed to quest.Higher lvls of my guild had to play the bodyguards. I get oneshot by well equiped high lvls on MQs at least twice a week.

Of course pvp is part of the game just as bullying is part of real life :p Doesnt mean its nice or right or something we enjoy.But its ridiculous to say to the victim of bulying...hey u provoked it!!! Shame on u lvl 40 who provoked the lvl 60+ by existing and questing and lvling up in your area of questing (the lvl 40 mobs)
This thread was created before higher level players killing lower level players became a daily topic.
Connecting with everyone on a personal level with PVP in the game:

We have all been there at some point. There will always be players who intend on utilizing their advantage of being a higher level to engage in PVP, this including against players who may be much lower in levels compared to them. Relationships on a friendly level within the game with other players is a good defensive counter against these types of players. The game and player base is growing, allies and enemies in the game are on the rise as well.

Kat

Disciple
External Player
Class
Archer
Name
Kat
Shadow this invites the discussion of the project rules regarding player interaction in PVP and PK ...

3.1. Use in the game process of profanity, harassments, insults people with mental or physical disabilities, threats of violence, intolerance to racial, national, religious, cultural, ideological, sexual, linguistic or political affiliation.
3.9. Intentionally performing any actions that impede or make impossible for other users access to the game.

You might want to clarify in chapter 8 that PKing (even repeatedly, in a stalking manner) is not considered harassment. Which might be very curious considering that verbal harassment is usually a grey area in real life while physical harassment is not.

And how would a player that prevents another player from questing for an extended period of time not be in violation of paragraph 3.9?

Granted, there will always be people who feel differently about gaming experiences and the player base is from all around the world and various cultural backgrounds where it might be ok to abuse other people or it might be heavily sanctioned. Nevertheless in the spirit of a strong community (statements like "we are all a family here" come to mind) certain adjustments and clarification to the project rules might help our player base and the growth of the server.

Shadow

Support
Staff member
Helper
External Player
The act of PK/PVP is a gaming moment among the players in the community.

3.9. Intentionally performing any actions that impede or make impossible for other users access to the game.
(The Tabs below are NOT an official update to any of the Rules located at https://externalpw.com/forums/threads/project-rules.5/)
-You have access to the game.
-You are not locked and entitled to one specific task within the game where you cannot continue to play until said task is done, Example: quests.

-3.1 Vs. 3.9 as far as harassment goes, does not overstep each other. It is advising you that we do not tolerate purposed harm to the player emotionally or physically.
Staff members will take appropriate action against anyone breaking any of the rules found at the link above.

I would invite you to join our Discord channel by choosing the "Join Our Discord" Tab on the main forum page, we have a suggestion tab where you can fill out what changes you may think we could implement into the game.

Top Bottom