Error when launching game

Status
Not open for further replies.

athrea

Novice
External Player
Discord
athrea
So ive twice under 2 weeks gotten an error code that states that my launcher.exe doesnt exist. while it works again for a little while by reinstalling the game.. it doesnt by verifying it. what else that reinstalling an entire game can i do?

Attachments

Sushi

GM
Staff member
Game Master
Server booster
External Player
Discord
Sushi#3688
Class
Venomancer
Name
Sushi
Hey @athrea,
Your antivirus or Windows Defender may prevent the downloading of files in the game launcher.
But you have an updated version of the client that does not require updates
Why are you verifying game files?

athrea

Novice
External Player
Discord
athrea
Idk, I was told to try it to see if it would help. It didn't.. antivirus have been told to ignore the game soni dont think that should be the biggest problem but j can try an check it put again :)

athrea

Novice
External Player
Discord
athrea
So ive twice under 2 weeks gotten an error code that states that my launcher.exe doesnt exist. while it works again for a little while by reinstalling the game.. it doesnt by verifying it. what else that reinstalling an entire game can i do?

so ive gotten the problem again. the game deletes the elementclient.exe in the folder. what can i do to prevent that ?

Sushi

GM
Staff member
Game Master
Server booster
External Player
Discord
Sushi#3688
Class
Venomancer
Name
Sushi
so ive gotten the problem again. the game deletes the elementclient.exe in the folder. what can i do to prevent that ?
The game cannot delete its own files
The problem is in your antivirus, which for some reason sees harm in the .exe file
You need to add the game client directory to the list of allowed files of your antivirus, and remove elementclient.exe from the blocked files by your antivirus
If that doesn't help, please contact me in the Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom